Lonliness
Mr. Montejo gave us a weird poem. Actually, I don't really think it is a poem. Having only one letter in a line is kind of weird. But if we understood it deeply, I think there is something more expressive.
The poem states:
L(a
Le
Af
Fa
ll
s)
one
l
iness
At the first line, it stated: l(a. hmm, I don’t really understand what it means. But I think l and a have meanings. The second stanza has the words leaf fall written on it. I think this poem talks about hopelessness and loneliness. If a last leaf falls, that means that the hope of someone was lost. Meaning: Hopelessness, Despair, depression, disheartenment. The next verse has the word one on it. This may mean that the person is alone. Having no one with him. That is sad. I don't want to be alone. It feels so cold. I don't think I could bare being alone. I don’t think anyone can. Silence could be the most painful weapon. If we would look at the 1st, 3rd, and 4th verse, we could see the word loneliness written on it. I think this poem is a sad poem. Huhu.. I don't really like sad poems. It shows sad feelings and emotions. As much as possible, I want to read only happy poems to remind me of only happy things. But I think it is inevitable, especially in school. We are exposed to different kinds of poems. And there is nothing we can do about it. We sometimes should be emotional. It would be weird if we would just be happy all the time.
Back to the poem. I think it is a poem. Maybe because it shows an idea. Sometimes, we could just use few words to tell someone how we feel. We don’t have to exaggerate how we feel, right? All I know is that this poem is very sad. It talks about being alone and lonely. Can you bare to be lonely? I know I can't


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home